Thursday, January 25, 2024

The Baltimore Colts


I know what you're thinking... "This guy couldn't even maintain the blogs he had, and yet he's starting a new one?"

Guilty as charged. The truth is I was frustrated by the fact that I didn't have much of an audience on those other blogs. As the new, shiny cards became more popular I was spinning farther and farther away from the current card interest orbit. I felt like I was shouting into an echo chamber. Add to that the fact that I was getting ready to sell the bulk of my complete sets and blogging became less and less of a priority.

On the other hand, my Baltimore Colts collection is something I'll never let go of. I loved the Colts and as a kid, I spent Sunday mornings during the football season at 9:00 Mass praying for Johnny Unitas and crew to work their magic once again. 

I put most of the entries for this blog together about five years ago when I completed the collection. They went on the back burner along with my other blogs. But I always intended to publish them, even if they never got any views or comments. So here they are.

I'm going back through each post and cleaning up some references to 'recent' purchases and blog entries. They are posted in chronological order, i.e. the last group of sets to be showcased will be the last ones that depicted the Colts in their rightful hometown of Baltimore. 

Once I'm done with these I'll put together entries to show off more on my Colts collection, my media guides and display pieces, etc. 

I chose the '63 Fleer Lenny Moore card to show at the top for one reason. It's my favorite Colts card. I love his pose, the Memorial Stadium crowd, and the scoreboard behind him. The 'leaping Colt' logo is perfection. It's art on a 2x3 piece of cardboard.

I welcome any and all comments. It will be nice to know someone, anyone is out there reading my nonsense. Let's Go (Baltimore) Colts!

No comments:

Post a Comment